Theme year 2020: Object wise as an educational program in Mayflower400
Every year Objectwijs releases a set of Objectwijs cards that have been specially developed for the relevant theme year.
Every year Objectwijs releases a set of Objectwijs cards that have been specially developed for the relevant theme year. This year it is Mayflower400. In the 2020 set, parts of the Object-wise programs Culture Menu and Public Space will be combined into a new program. This allows the teacher to get started without the need for substantive lesson preparation. Makers of Tomorrow can (in consultation) offer support and class guidance where necessary.
This card set has been developed for groups 7 and 8 of primary education and lower secondary education. Can also be used at VMBO.
Contents of this set:
- number of objects that are linked to museum exhibitions and/or objects from public space with regard to Mayflower400: the story of the pilgrims
- Associated Object Maps with Research Questions and Resources
- Object Maps Ethnographic Research (object interview)
- Instructional video
- 1x Museum visit led by Makers of Tomorrow
- Create your own collage book: "This is how I see it" (representation of own research into the Pilgrim story on the basis of objects)
- Participation in Museum Debate Mayflower400: https://www.challenges-leiden.eu/
Is your school already participating in the Mayflower400 Museum Debate? Objectwise offers this card set the opportunity to prepare your students for the debate by doing research and arriving at arguments based on objects.
Fun, educational and can be used directly in the classroom without additional preparation!
Of course the Mayflower Object Maps are too deployable at all times and tied to themes such as freedom and identity anywhere Object wise cards for are available.
Interested in participating or more information?